Three Wonderful Architectures in Kyoto

In the past article, I shared about "Chochikukyo" and Yamazaki area in Kyoto. Today I will introduce the wonderful architectures in Kyoto. This will be my last article for my Kyoto series on this blog. These are the pictures I took when I visited Kyoto on May 2016. (I took all the shots myself by film camera "GR1s", please click and watch them bigger versions.)
 This is the "Touka Saikan" which was designed by an American architect William Merrell Vories(1880 - 1964). He came to Japan in 1905 and designed many wonderful structures in various regions. Touka Saikan is a Chinese cuisine restaurant built in 1926 and has well-preserved it's precious fixtures ever since. This is an architectural masterpiece in the Spanish Baroque style. And you can see it's elegant design inside. It stands beside Kamo River. It is best to visit at nightfall because of its good atmosphere.

This is the "ROHM Theatre Kyoto" which was designed by a Japanese architect Kunio Maekawa(1905 - 1986). Originally, it was once "Kyoto Kaikan" which was redeveloped. Now, ROHM Theatre Kyoto has a concert hall, offers other amenities like the Tsutaya book store, Starbucks Coffee, and the restaurant Kyoto Modern Terrace.

This building is bigger than the image in these pictures. You would be surprised if you could see it personally. The beautiful linear combinations of its design attracts me. I love this modern architecture. Dining here at the Kyoto Modern Terrace, will give you the chance to see the more detailed, sophisticated interior.

The last one is "The Museum of Kyoto". You might find this union of red brick and white line very familiar. Yes, it is because its, the appearance is similar to the Tokyo Station. Both of them were designed by the Japanese Architect Kingo Tatsuno(1854 - 1919). 
The facade is admirable and the ceiling design in inside is just so elegant.

Kyoto does not only have shrines and temples but also so many stunning and timeless architectural works.

Have you ever been to Kyoto? Please share your experience in Kyoto at comment. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments